Friday, September 25, 2009

Sore

About a week ago, Ashley and I started on a new workout plan. Bob Sturm, through George DeJean, recommends it, and I thought I'd give it a try. He basically says that you should do pushups, straight for a minute, for three reps. Don't worry about counting them...just make sure you finish the rep.

It doesn't sound very hard. After all, a minute is just a minute. But Bob says that, by the first thirty seconds, you'll want to switch to "girl" pushups. And that's pretty much true. And by the end of the minute, you're going to wish there was something called "baby girl" pushups.

I mixed in two sets of crunches in between each rep of pushups, both to get an ab workout and to give my arms a rest. Even though it's only about 10 minutes of actual work, it's a heck of a workout. The first time I did it, I pretty much collapsed on the final pushup. My abs were sore, and my arms hurt. I pretty much assumed that I would die, right there on the floor, because I was completely immobile.

I did it again last night, after a few nights off, and I've been sore all day. But I feel like I'm going to stick with it. I'm playing tennis one-two times a week (although the rain is killing me in that area) for my cardio, and this will work out a couple other areas on my body. I'm not sure I've ever been "in shape" in my entire life, but I might be as close as I've been in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment