Sunday, November 8, 2009

Girl Next Door, Huh?

Taylor Swift hosted Saturday Night Live tonight, and while she was pretty good (and the show was pretty funny), there was a moment that kinda made me chuckle.

During her first musical number, she sang "You Belong With Me." It's one of her big hits, and it describes the girl next door who's trying to get her best friend to realize that they belong together. The song states that she wears t-shirts and sneakers instead of high heels and short skirts, and that's why she hasn't caught the attention of her crush.

And yet there Taylor is, singing the song in a dress that probably costs more than Ashley's TV. Not exactly the wardrobe of the girl next door.

I realize that it's SNL and she's supposed to look like a star, but I thought that it was pretty funny nonetheless.

2 comments:

  1. Not criticizing. I love Taylor...and she loves me. Just pointing out something funny.

    ReplyDelete