Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Delaware - Part Four

So when I found out I was coming to Delaware, I knew I was going to need my own entertainment. And so I had a few ideas:

1. I would bring my laptop with some movies. I even considered going out and buying the first season of a show like Modern Family - something I'd never seen before - to keep me going while I was here.
2. Tucker offered to lend me his slingbox so that I could watch local TV (including local sports) on my laptop.
3. If all else failed, I could at least watch shows on Hulu.

Nope. Strike three, I'm out.

1. I didn't bring any DVDs. That's my bad. But because options 2 and 3 exist, I didn't really worry about it.
2. I tried to connect to the Slingbox, but it won't connect. It tells me to try again, and it still doesn't work. I tried it three days in a row...and nothing. I'm not sure if it wasn't set up properly, or maybe the hotel internet just isn't good enough to support it.

Which brings me to...

3. The f-ing hotel internet is terrible. And it actually just became terrible in the last couple of days. It might be that I'm at the end of the complex and far away from wherever the signal comes from. Or maybe there are just a couple hundred people using it at the same time. But I've been trying to watch a show on Hulu for an hour and a half, and I'm only successfully through 15 minutes.

For the first few days, I was able to watch a lot of things. But now it takes about 5 minutes to watch a 30-second clip on youtube.

Luckily, the Rangers have been entertaining me enough for the last couple of days. But when this run ends (positively or negatively), I'm going to want to watch something online. And if this internet doesn't get any better, this trip is going to suck a whole lot more.

But I think it's just that Delaware sucks. I actually get no signal at work. In fact, I actually got a "no service" message on my phone the other day - something that's never happened to me before. You'd think on the "wonderful" East Coast - the greatest place on Earth - that signal reception would be great all over the place.

Oh, Texas...how I miss thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment