Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Music, huh?

I did the following things tonight for the first time (or, in some cases, simply the first time in a long time).

1. Bought a CD - It's been years and years since I've actually bought a CD. But because of some of the subsequent things, I felt the need to actually have some music at work. I won't tell you what I bought, but you can guess.

2. Downloaded iTunes. I bought my laptop about a year ago. Hadn't downloaded iTunes yet.

3. Imported songs onto my laptop. And then onto my iPhone. I bought the iPhone about five months ago. Until today, I had zero songs on it. One of the reasons why I'm so uncomfortably close to passing my data limit every month is that every song I've listened to at work has either been via YouTube or Pandora. Now, I have alternatives.

The next challenge? Importing my old music library onto my new laptop and bringing all of that music onto my iPhone. Then I can download the couple dozen songs that I've loved since I stopped buying music on iTunes.

I actually turned on the old computer, but I don't have any way of transferring the songs from one to the other (flash/zip drive or CDs). My friend Ryan has volunteered, but we haven't had a chance to do it yet.

Ryan also has about 1000 songs that he wants me to listen to. I'm very eager to check them out, but, again, we haven't met up to exchange said songs. But I'm, at least, part of the way there now. If I'm not careful, I'll be on the verge of maximizing the potential of my technology.

Which could be dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment