Monday, March 28, 2011

Someone Parked In My Spot

Someone parked in my spot tonight.

Actually, someone parked in Ashley's spot tonight. Ashley lets me use his spot because our next door neighbor had a wife and two spots. Now he has two spots...and he lets Ashley use one of his spots. So now I have a spot, Ashley has a spot, and the neighbor has a spot. No one has any wives, though.

But parking in the back really made me feel better since my car got stolen last year. Now, for the first time since my car got stolen last year, I had to park on the street. And even though I now have theft prevention and LoJack, I really don't want to go through all that crap again. I really...really...really don't.

And I thought about having the car towed. It would've done the double-satisfaction of getting my car into the proper spot and inflicting punishment on their car. Besides, it would serve them right.

But, instead, I just left a note. I was hoping that it was just some relative who parked nearby. Or someone who made a mistake and would leave before the night was over. Nope...still there.

I accidentally parked in the wrong spot once and had two notes on my car. It was an honest mistake and I felt bad, and I'm hoping this is a similar situation and their car is gone by tomorrow.

And, at the same time, I hope my car is still there tomorrow. I realize it would be horrible luck to have two cars stolen on the last two nights I parked on this street. But horrible luck and I know each other pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment