Thursday, May 14, 2009

Drew's Day - 5/13/09

Fact #1 - Last week, my boss told me that he'd pay for me to go see a movie during my lunch break last week or this week as an incentive.

Fact #2 - My job is boring and stupid

Fact #3 - I love LOST

Drew's Day - 5/13/09

7:15am - Wake up to Muse in the News. Take shower, get first Stars Fantasy Scramble letter of the day.

8:00am - Leave for work

8:30am - Arrive at my desk for work, begin "working"

9:30am - Begin planning for the movie I'm going to go to. Tucker had told me that he couldn't go (my original plan), and he told me to wait to see Star Trek with him.

9:35am - Request to go to see Wolverine on Friday. I have a very limited choice (movie must start between 10am and 11am, and it must be less than two hours. I figure a nice brainless action movie will be a good work escape.

9:37am - Tucker texts me, tells me he can go today. We decide to go to see Star Trek at 10:30.

9:45am - Eat breakfast, knowing that I can't possibly eat any lunch.

10:00am - Prepare to leave, give false story to my backup at work.

10:10am - Leave for theater/theatre

10:30am - Trailers begin

10:32am - Really hot Megan Fox trailer for Transformers 2.

10:37am - Star Trek begins

12:45pm - Star Trek ends, head back to work.

1:00pm - Get more cereal, eat lunchfast.

2:00pm - End of DTC/FED cutoff

2:15pm - The power goes out at our building, no backup power starts.

2:30pm - With no work to do and no way to do it, I go get a coworker's iPod and begin watching Role Models, a movie I've never seen

3:50pm - With 30 minutes left in the movie, we're cut loose. I promise to finish the movie soon.

4:10pm - Arrive home, begin watching missed episode of Fringe.

4:31pm - Text winning answer to the Stars Fantasy Scramble.

5:00pm - Fringe ends, I go outside to throw the tennis ball.

5:20pm - Ashley comes home, I'm sitting against the gate, I barely move to let him in.

5:50pm - I leave for dinner with the family.

6:00pm - Family dinner starts

6:40pm - Family dinner ends, we go to Baskin Robbins for dessert. My sister and mother get ice cream, I get nothing.

7:00pm - Family decides to go to PetsMart, I convince my sister not to get fish.

7:20pm - I get gasoline, head home.

7:30pm - I begin watching the LOST recap special even though I know all the characters, plot details, and inside information already.

8:00pm - LOST finale starts. Ashley isn't home, but I start anyway.

8:45pm - I stop watching LOST finale, go outside to wait for Ashley to get home. CUNG

8:50pm - Ashley gets home, we decide that I'll get to a commercial break, and he'll watch the LOST finale later.

9:11pm - I get to a commercial (finally). I move into my room to finish with the finale, Ashley begins watching the Rangers' game.

10:00pm - LOST finale ends. I'm in a post-finale question coma.

10:10pm - I discover that the Mavericks' game started at 8pm and not 9pm. They're already down 10+ points in the fourth quarter.

10:18pm - Surprise, surprise...C.J. Wilson gives up the lead.

10:40pm - Hank Blalock hits a two-run double to win the game for the Rangers.

10:43pm - The Mavericks end up losing the game.

11:01pm - Annie calls, we discuss the LOST finale.

11:30pm - LOST finale discussion ends

12:00am - Listen to the rest of the Mavericks' Playoff Postgame Show

12:04am - Sleep

Final Notes

- Hours of Work - 2

- Number of Movies Seen - 1.67

- JJ Abrams Franchises Watched - 3

- Frosted Flakes Meals - 2

- Record in Pro Sports Game - 1-1

- CUNG - 1

3 comments:

  1. Annie is an old friend and a loyal reader of this blog. Or, at least, that's what she told me. So she gets a shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post. I'd love to talk to you about Lost sometime. I called (About 15 minutes into the finale) that Locke was really dead and this was a fake Locke, but Keely laughed. Who's laughing now?

    ReplyDelete