Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Things To Do

So Ashley finished his book, and it made me think that I should probably get back to the things that I'm writing. And, in some cases, simply finish the stuff that I've already done.

1. Do re-writes on the baseball script. I think it's the most marketable thing that I've written (I think script #1 is better, but one casting requirement makes it hard to be my first), but it's 98% reliant on voice over. And so it's more of a book on tape than a movie. Ashley's gonna read it, and hopefully he and Tucker can help clean it up.

2. Do re-writes on book number two. Again, it's the more marketable of the two books, but it's also the thing I've written that I'm most afraid to read. Probably because it's too real (and not in an MTV way). I read the first couple of chapters a few months ago - time to get a little deeper.

3. I came up with the idea for a TV show yesterday, and I'd like to develop it. I think it's a TV show (more than a book or movie) because I think it's the kind of story that needs to develop in pieces instead of in one sitting. I pitched it to a couple different people, and it got some positive reaction. I think with my ideas, Ashley's writing ability, and Tucker's ability to lead...we could make a pretty cool writing team. Like I said to Ashley yesterday, it might be our way to win the lottery.

But first I have to learn how to write a pilot script.

No comments:

Post a Comment