Saturday, June 12, 2010

My Own A-Team

We watched The A-Team tonight (solid movie, nothing spectacular), and it got me thinking. If I needed to put together a team of badass soldiers, and I could only use my current set of friends...what kind of team would I put together? This might be a ridiculous idea, but humor me for a minute. It could absolutely come in handy.

Me - The brains of the operation. It might be cocky to name myself the brains of the team, but I have two very solid reasons for doing so. First of all, it's my team, and that speaks for itself. Secondly, I should be involved, in no way, in any fighting. I've only been involved in one fight before: it was in middle school, and the weapons of choice were backpacks. And while I did get all the way to yellow belt (with a green stripe!) in tae-kwon-do as a kid, I don't think I remember anything but "high block" and "low block." I do have the uncanny ability to blend in (I apparently have a forgettable face), and I was always good at hide and seek. So when I'm not being the brains, I can also probably do surveillance.

Tim - The driver. No one drives like Tim, and I wouldn't trust anyone to do it like him. The driver might seem like an irrelevant role that anyone can do, but it's actually really important if you think about it. Car chases happen in almost every single action movie, and we're going to need someone who's focused solely on driving.

Woody - Our tech guy. Woody is the best with computers out of all of our friends, and we'll need someone to be our eyes and ears. He can be the guy who gets all of our equipment on the cheap, and he can hack into cameras and security systems so we can get the job done. Woody is also our language expert if we need to speak to someone in a random language. If Woody doesn't know the language, we'll give him 24 hours and Rosetta Stone, and we'll be fine.

Ashley - The muscle. Although I've never seen him fight, I think he looks like a fighter. He might be the strongest of our friends, and he's the one who has most-recently fired a weapon. He also has an unnatural obsession with fire, and he can probably also double as an explosives expert. Also, if we need things to be grilled, Ashley is our man.

Tucker - The hero. Tucker is probably the most well-rounded of our friends. I assume he can fight, he's in the best shape of everyone, and he always wins at everything. If Tucker is on board, the mission is going to successful. He's not quite James Bond, but we don't have anyone better. Also, James Bond has never beaten me at tennis. Plus, if Tucker's involved, we also have a chance at having Keely on the team - and she can be the girl teammate who distracts the bad guy and then kicks his butt.

So there you got it. It's actually a pretty decent team. On paper. Because none of us actually can fight or use weapons or know anything about being mercenaries for hire. So in real life, you're probably gonna want to depend on the police or the army. Or, really, anyone with training.

1 comment:

  1. In what way am I not James Bond? We are both blond (recently) and both of us get really hot girls (have you seen Keely?). Also, both of us don't always know how, but we get things done. Other than that, I like the list. I think Ashley makes a great Mr. T (who was always my favorite), as Ashley has great lines and I think if you put him in a corner he will grab you by your hardy boys and shove them up your... well, what is the rating of your movie?

    ReplyDelete