Wednesday, June 16, 2010

One in a Million

A few months and ago, our trio (Tucker, Ashley, and myself) started playing the lottery. A lot of people look down on people who play the lottery, but I think it's a relatively simple prospect. I do not want to work in corporate America - I would like to travel and write and enjoy my youth, instead of being trapped in an office for the majority of my life.

Unfortunately, I will need a golden parachute to get out. And while I'm saving a lot of money from my work and going back to school to do something else, I just don't want to worry about money.

And to pay $3 to get two chances to win the lottery? That's fine with me. Two times a week makes $6, but when we get a group together, it's really just $6 every three weeks. And a little over $100 a year. I certainly waste that much on dumb stuff for an entire year - this could be a lot more worth it.

And in those times when work seems like it's going to envelop me completely, the lottery gives me a little hope. The odds might be against me, but I have a chance to secure my financial freedom. Isn't that worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment