Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Escape

Let's be honest. I've alluded to it several times here, and most of my friends are pretty sure of it. And that's that my job is...challenging. And I don't mean the work itself. There are factors that are tied to my job that make things more difficult than they need to be. And because of that, I haven't necessarily been happy where I am.

Well, a couple of weeks ago, I heard about an opening in my building. It would be working for the guys that hired me originally, and it'd be a similar job to what I'm doing. In fact, the job is basically the same.

But from what I've heard, it will be better. I know a guy who made the same movement, and he said it was a good idea for me. Less of the things that I dislike about my current job are present, and more of the things that I like about the job (freedom, I suppose) are.

I'm going to miss the people. Most of these people have been work-close with me for almost three years now. The weird thing about the people you work with is that you spend more time with them than most of the people in your life. Whether you like them or not, you're around them a lot. So while I don't spend much time outside of work with them, I do spend a lot of time with and around them.

And, for the most part, the people are the best part of the job. There are some people there that I'd probably be pretty good friends with outside of work, and they're fun to joke around with.

But at the end of the day, I had to make this move. I'm on my way out of the business, but I still have a lot of time left. And I don't want it to be horrible for the next year or two.

And when it became official, I was happy. I think that was the key thing to me. You find out about the decisions you make when they come to a head - and I felt happy when mine did.

A lot of things in my life are new. A new car, a new laptop, and a new job. I'm hoping that more new things will come, but that's something I'll have to keep working on.

1 comment: