Monday, September 27, 2010

Update

1. I've come to terms with going to Delaware. I'm set to go October 12, and I'm set to come back November 12. It should be good for me to get away, and I should be able to get around and see some things while I'm there. I'm close to Philadelphia and Baltimore and New York - so there will be opportunity.

2. As far as school goes, my professor told me that there was a chance this could work out. According to tonight's class, our second class should be right before I leave. If timing holds, I might not miss another exam. I'm actually going to miss five labs, and I'm not sure if he'll be okay with that. But I let him know that I'm willing to work with him, and he seemed like it wasn't impossible. He's also making me sit through two more weeks of class...so hopefully he won't screw me over and tell me it won't work.

3. Sports-wise, I'm going to miss a lot. I'm gonna miss the Stars' opener and a bunch of their first games. If the Rangers make it passed the first round of the playoffs, I will miss all their home games. I'll obviously be gone for any Cowboys' games. And, as far as TCU goes, I'm going to miss a lot. I'll be gone for four games. Among them are the three biggest games left on the schedule - BYU, Air Force, and Utah. Utah's on the road, but I'll be watching it alone in Delaware unless I can find some TCU folk. Air Force and BYU are at home, and I've inquired about my own ability to fly home for a weekend to see one of them - it isn't economical or reasonable to try and get home for both. I'm thinking Homecoming for Air Force is my best bet, but we'll see if it's allowed. Either way, I'm going to miss a lot.

4. All in all, I think things are going to be okay. The hotel has free wi-fi, and Tucker says that I might be able to borrow his slingbox. So there's a chance things could work out...we'll just have to see.

5. I haven't mentioned an update on my car situation. Well, I probably won't...since I bought a new car and it was totaled on Friday. A kid made a big mistake and almost killed me, and now I have to go through more insurance company BS. And when I get back (or maybe before I go), I'm going to have to get another car. It really sucks.

6. I bought tickets to see the Heat play the Mavs in November. I had to buy tickets to two other games, but it should be fun to see them play. Even though I hate them.

7. The Rangers won the AL West. The Cowboys finally won their first game and might have turned things around. And TCU is 4-0. Things is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment