Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Reasons for Optimism

1. I got a new car. It is used (a shade under 40,000 miles), but it's basically the same car I had. In fact, it's actually a bit nicer than the car I had. I have a lower payment and will pay it off in about the same time. And, yes, I'm covered way better in case of another theft. I'm happy things mostly have worked out.

2. Football season is about to start but baseball is still going. The Rangers are still in first place, TCU is ranked #6 in college football, and the Cowboys are one of the favorites to go to the Super Bowl. I'm excited about football but still in a baseball mode. It's been a really long time since that's happened, and it's pretty cool. Usually football saves the day. This year, I'm actually not ready for it.

3. School started again. I'm one step closer to being done with my job.

4. I'm learning a bit. I decided to go for the steak instead of hoping it's delivered to me. And I'm much more accepting of a nice hamburger.

5. For the longest time, there were no choices. Now there are. I'm not saying my odds are any better, but choices are better than no choices.

6. We finally made money on the lottery. I thought we'd made $3, but we made $9. Now if we can just start adding zeroes.

7. I saw a double rainbow...all the way across the sky!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment