Sunday, June 26, 2011

Beginnings

Today might be the start of something big. This morning, Tucker and I finally began work on our "final" draft of the Bumblebees are Impossible (working title) pilot script. For a project where my enthusiasm waned in the middle (writing nine episodes of the show was tiring from both a mental and a creative perspective), I'm finally back to a place where I feel really good about it all. I've told several people our general premise (without giving too much away, of course), and there seems to be a genuine interest in this type of show.

So I'm really looking forward to getting it done so we can start showing people all the work we've done. I'm hoping to be done sometime in July...and then we can get to the real work: selling this thing. And maybe even starting a new career. It should be very exciting, and I'm really optimistic that things can go well. It's a great idea, and I'm proud of it.

Secondly, Tucker and Ashley began working out with the "Insanity" program last week. It's part of the P90X program (which is a workout program on steroids, basically). Insanity is mostly cardio and "core" workouts, and it's supposed to be pretty brutal. It's also supposed to get results...quickly. So I watched part of one video last week (I couldn't participate due to family obligations), and I actually did the video today.

It's rough. And while I'm sore, it actually wasn't quite as bad as I was thinking it would be. It kicked my butt, for sure, but I don't feel like I'm in terribly good shape. I've swam/swum laps in our condo's pool on three occasions, and I've been keeping up with my own ab/core exercises...but I'm just not in shape. If we can do this on a consistent basis (and I hope we can), I think it will be great for a summer workout.

And while I'm sore, I can always take advantage of my membership with Massage Envy. I haven't been in a really long time...meaning I have about 40 free massages that I need to use at some point.

So hopefully these two things (starting the final work on the pilot and the workout) will be the start of something new and good for me. Wish me luck.

And, yes, if you're reading this...you're probably on the short list of people who will get to test out the pilot script. Unless you're from the Netherlands. In which case....probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment