Saturday, June 6, 2009

Ode to Tucker and Keely

Tonight was Tucker and Keely's wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, and I just wanted to say a few things about these two awesome people.

Tucker has really stepped in and become my best friend over the past year or so - we play tennis and we play Halo. He introduced me to 30 Rock, I introduced him to the Wire. We talk about serious topics like the death penalty and the legalization of marijuana, we talk about peeing in Gweneth Paltrow's butt.

Keely is the coolest girl in the world, and I've told her as much. She's best friends with Michael Young. She was a Belle. She's hardcore into football. And she wrote me a thank you note where the answer was "I'm on a boat."

These two people have had a huge impact on my life in a relatively short time, helping me get through (and thrive) in a year that was pretty rough. It doesn't matter what happened right before, how bad my day was at work, or how in the dumps I'm feeling - Tucker and Keely both have the ability to pick me back up in a matter of seconds. And that's something that I can't really thank them enough for - without them, I know I'd be a much sadder person.

And on Sunday, they're getting married. Now I'm not going to sit here and write that Tucker and Keely's love makes me believe that true love exists. Because I've had a real difficulty in the romantic department for my entire life, and I'm not sold on the idea that love is supposed to exist for everyone. I'm just not sure everyone's that lucky.

But I can tell you that it's really cool that these two people found each other, and its obvious why they'd instantly fall for each other. It's one of those cool moments like Joe Montana and Jerry Rice ending up on the same team at the same time, and I'm sure their marraige is going to be just as legendary. Although I'm not really sure what a "legendary marraige" would be, I'm sure they'll be able to figure it out.

So while I'm not entirely sold on true love, their love does make me realize that someone is watching out for us...making sure the truly great people in this world find true happiness. That good things can happen to good people - great things can happen to great people - and the best things can happen for the best people.

And no matter what, that's something that can make every day worth waking up for. We still have about 40 hours until the wedding itself, but I wanted to take the time to wish them nothing but the best. I'm so honored to be a part of the wedding itself, and I can't wait to see what these two people are capable of doing together.

I do know one thing - it's probably going to be freakin' awesome.

Love you guys...

No comments:

Post a Comment