Thursday, August 6, 2009

Misc. Stuff

Just some random stuff.

1. I got home yesterday about 5:30, and I immediately went for a run to try and beat the rain. When I got home, Ashley had left to go write. So I was locked out of the apartment with no money, no phone, and no keys. It was really one of the more helpless feelings I've had in a while...there was no way to get anywhere or contact anyone. At first, I was hoping Ashley had simply gone to buy dinner. Then it was just a matter of hoping that he'd come home as soon as possible. All in all, I was out there until about 9:30. Luckily I had the iPod and could watch some saved stuff, but it was pretty rough.

2. Yesterday on the roads, for the first time, I saw a wreck. I've been involved in a couple (one as a driver and one as a passenger), but I've never seen a wreck that I wasn't participating in. I've been driving for ten years, and that's pretty amazing.

3. This LA Fitness shooting has me thinking. For those of you who don't know, some guy was sad that girls wouldn't date him (and that he hadn't had sex in a while). So he decided to go in and shoot up an all-female fitness class. And it's making me wonder about legalizing prostitution. I want to discuss it a bit with some people, and I might end up writing an entire blog about it. I just wonder if people had an outlet for that kind of frustration...if that would alleviate some problems.

4. I'm thinking about making a pretty big change in the next couple of months. If you're a reader and a friend, you'll probably hear about it pretty soon.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you talk to me about prostitution. Also, you need to read a book called "Born to Run". I loved it, and maybe we can run together sometime.

    Can't wait to hear about the change. Talk to you soon.

    Tucker

    ReplyDelete