Sunday, August 16, 2009

A prayer

Tonight, I pray for hope. I pray that tomorrow will be a new day with new opportunities. That it will bring a great memory or a great friend or a great love. That anything can happen. That great things can happen. That they will.

I pray for confidence. I pray that I will have the courage to do the things that I want to do. I pray to silence the voice in my head that slows me down. That scares me. That wants things to stay the same.

I pray for courage. To act without fear. To understand that, with risk, comes reward. That things can only get better if something is done. To know that I'm the only one who can change things for myself.

I pray for acceptance. I pray for the ability to leave things in the past. To acknowledge my mistakes, move on from them, and learn how to avoid them in the future. To know that bad things have happened, but for good things to happen, I have to move on.

I pray for forgiveness. I pray, both, to be forgiven and for the ability to forgive. To know that people are, for the most part, good. That they don't mean to hurt me. I pray for forgiveness to slay the anger and the sadness.

I pray for fellowship. I pray for the knowledge that I have a fantastic support group that wants me to succeed. That wants for me all the things that I want for myself. That loves me a lot more than I love myself.

I pray for love. I pray for the ability to love myself for who I am. To be able to love others for the same reason. To see the love that I already have, and to find the love that I'm desperately seeking.

And most of all...

I pray for faith. To know that the World wants what's best for me. That everything happens for a reason. That Someone is guiding me a direction, giving me signals, and lighting my way home. That Someone exists that loves me and wants me to be happy. Wants all of the above for me. That smiles when I try. Smiles when I learn from failure. Smiles when I try again.

Tonight, I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment