Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dear Altima

Dear Altima,

I know we had a bit of a dysfunctional relationship for the two and a half years that I owned you. The circumstances surrounding your purchase led to some mixed feelings and emotions on my part, and even though that was outside your control, I still held it against you. But, at the end of the day, you were a really good car.

And last night, I really missed you for the first time. My rental Kia is fine, and it can get me from point A to point B. But outside of that, the Kia is nothing compared to you. Your leather seats are better than its cloth. Your XM radio is better than its regular (crappy) radio. Your backup camera and navigation are better than its nothing.

And because of you, I've raised my standards for what I expect out of my next car. I'm going to try and get one close to what you were. I realize that I'll be setting myself up for the same tragic end to our relationship, but it's a risk I'm willing to take because I know what I want now. I want you, but that seems to be impossible. So I'll just try to find the closest thing to you.

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, can you come back? I've changed. I will buy you the most expensive, beautiful alarm system that money can buy. I promise to never take you for granted again, and I will love you as much as I did when we first met.

If not, can you at least blow yourself up, killing those responsible for your theft?


Love,
Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment