Thursday, April 22, 2010

Dez Bryant

I don't watch a lot of Oklahoma State football.

Scratch that, I don't watch any Oklahoma State football. I don't watch a whole lot of non-TCU football, and so I really don't know a whole lot about Dez Bryant. What I do know is that he's fast and good, and that he can really help the Cowboys.

That being said, he does seem to be a bit of a knucklehead. For some reason, he reminds me a bit of Roy Williams, and we all know how that's worked out. He hasn't played competitive football in almost a year, and his attitude seems bad. But he claims he's always wanted to be a Cowboy. Maybe that's enough to get him to take his career seriously.

I know this...if he plays strong, we're going to be good. If we look at one side and see Miles Austin, look to the other side and see Dez Bryant, and look to the other side and see Roy Williams....that's a great receiving corps. Add Jason Witten, Marion Barber, and Felix Jones, and you're really solid. And you still have a top-10 QB in Tony Romo.

You also have two potentially-great young receivers, a young WR, and a relatively young QB. This team is set up pretty nicely for now and in the future.

Round two of the draft is tomorrow. We still need a safety and a tackle. But with Dez Bryant in the fold, I'm excited.

And come Sunday, it will be time to get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment