Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Detox Day Eleven

I reached the halfway point at noon today. And while the last few days have been okay, today was a real challenge on a couple different fronts.

First of all, I was studying for a test last night, and I went to bed really late (for me). Late to bed and early to rise were difficult, and I'm finding less and less motivation every day to wake up and drink my stupid shake every morning.

Secondly, one of my main concerns coming into the diet was how I could handle lunch at work. There are loads of restaurants near my work, but I can only think of a couple that even fit within the parameters. Like I said before, I eat a lot of sandwiches and pizza and Chinese food at work. And while there are healthy selections of each of those things, none of it works with my guidelines.

So I've been trying to bring my lunch as much as possible. An easy thing to bring has been salad, but the diet gives specific dressings...and I've tried (and disliked) three of them. And the problem with bringing lunch to work is that there is nothing that I can eat in the building. The building's store is full of junk food, and the vending machines are even worse. So I was forced to eat a "less than delicious" salad as my only source of food.

Lunchtime is now depressing.

And, thirdly, I had the aforementioned test today. And it was more difficult than I'd anticipated...and, thus, took longer than I anticipated. Getting out at 8pm, I was starving. And I thought about places that I'd stopped at on my way home from class in the past (Pei Wei, Jersey Mike's, Chipotle, etc) but none of those places really works. So I had to come home and cook something. By the time I settled down to eat, it was about 8:45.

And I'm getting tired of fish. And vegetables. And water.

Just ten full days to go. Just six more workdays to go (I have Monday off). But it feels like forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment