Saturday, February 12, 2011

Detox Day Seven

One week done.

If you want a word to describe the process, it would be "struggle." It's definitely been hard, and I'm really glad that I'm already a third of the way out of the woods.

As I said before, I've eaten what I wanted for my entire life. If someone was eating a delicious pizza nearby, I'd get one. If people were ordering Italian food, I'd order with them. If someone wanted ice cream, I was happy to join them. It really never mattered.

And that was the point of this, in a lot of ways. I needed to ween myself off foods that were bad, and I'm definitely doing that. Seven days of salad, broccoli, asparagus, cucumbers, and peppers. And while I've had a lot of delicious fish, chicken, and turkey...it's still been very difficult to find any joy in eating. I told Ashley that lunch time at work had become depressing, and it's true.

But I feel like this is going somewhere good. I'll hopefully lean up a bit, feel healthier, and lose cravings for some of the bad things I still eat.

There's still a long way to go. And it isn't going to get any easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment