Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I really like sports, so I think this is okay

So I saw a trailer the other day for a chick flick, and I have to admit that I actually want to see it. This is a rare occasion...I've never seen The Notebook or Love Story or anything like that (I've never even seen Bull Durham).

It's called The Time Traveller's Wife.

And maybe it's because it's a sci-fi-ish chick flick? I don't know...Tucker seems to think my man card should be taken away. But my man card was probably taken away a long time ago if we're being really honest.

I'm interested in this movie for four simple reasons.

1. Rachel McAdams looks amazing. Check out her hypnotizing picture on the link below (next to the trailer) and tell me you aren't in love. I dare you.

2. The plot is pretty interesting. Well, if you get passed the "genetic disorder" part. It sounds like a better version of Benjamin Button. Which I also didn't see.

3. Eric Bana is really cool. One of the best actors out there if you ask me.

4. It will give extra incentive to go find a girl to see it with. Because its not like I can go see it with the guys or anything.

Anyway, here's a link if you want to check out the trailer and Ms. Adams' picture.

http://www.thetimetravelerswifemovie.com/

Okay, guys, do your worst.

2 comments:

  1. That does look like the girl from mean girls.

    And I don't think that your man card should be taken away for wanting to see this movie. But yeah, I don't think you have had one for a while for lots of other things, so no biggie. I just think what I've heard of the movie sounds awful, that's why I don't want to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think there are two things in play here. The first is that trailers can be extremely powerful at deceiving you. The second is that, deep down, I'm pretty sure I'm a hopeless romantic.

    As far as the trailers go, trailers can trick you into thinking a bad movie can be really good. Take Transformers 2...a movie that had a pretty awesome trailer. The trailer looked like the movie had a plot and characters and everything. It lied.

    There's also movies like Men in Black 2 (where the trailer was funny...but that's because all the jokes were in there) or Spider-Man 3. Good trailers - horrible movies. There's even Watchmen, a book that I didn't like with a trailer I did like. I knew the movie was a shot-for-shot remake of the book (that I didn't like)...and the trailer still made me want to see the film.

    There's probably some of that here. The rest is probably my romanticism. I think I watch stuff like this (when I do) the way that certain comic book nerds watch superheroes on the big screen. They watch those movies with this awesome curiousity, secretly wishing to fly and beat up bad guys.

    The idea that there's this insanely cute girl who's simply head-over-heels in love with this guy, despite his ridiculous "condition" is something that really appeals to me, I guess. Just because, like a superhero flying over a city, it seems like something that's not possible. Its probably the way I look at any kind of love, in general.

    So between the fact that I think the trailer makes it look interesting (I also like the song, and I think it's used well) and the fact that I'm a hopeless romantic...I think that's why I'm interested.

    Also, I watched the trailer at work. And since there are virtually no hot girls (and obviously none in Rachel McAdams' class) and I was alone/bored up here...that probably made me think it was interesting.

    ReplyDelete