Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sunday Odds and Ends

1. I watched the end of the British Open today. Probably the most golf I've ever watched because I really wanted to see Tom Watson pull it off. At his age to do what he did was pretty amazing. I think, deep down, you have to feel sorry for Stewart Cink, though. The guy celebrates his championship, but everyone was rooting against him. He pretty much played the villain even though he seems like a good guy. Congrats to both men.

2. While I was watching the British Open, I noticed that SlamBall was on. Two fun things about that. One, I wasn't sure that SlamBall still existed. Second, it was on the Cartoon Network. For those of you who don't know, SlamBall is a version of basketball with trampolines so that almost every basket is made via the dunk. It's a bit funny because SlamBall isn't animated. But it is so ridiculous that it makes sense that it be on the Cartoon Network.

3. Speaking of golf, I noticed that Tony Romo was playing. Imagine that. I wonder if he'll be sad at the end of the month when the golf season ends, and he'll have to go back to his other job. Oh well, I hope he gets through it alive so that he can start golfing in early January.

1 comment:

  1. You never feel sorry for guys who work their butts off and win the crowning achievement. I don't think he cares that everyone was rooting for a better story. I bet inside he was impressed as well. Stewart is going to tell his kids he had to beat up an old man for that trophy, and he will do it with pride.

    I just cannot believe Tony Romo at this point. The guy seems like a cancer.

    ReplyDelete